Thursday, November 8, 2012

Election!

I try not to get into political debate on the internet, because let's face it, it just causes a lot of resentment and no one ever gets anywhere.  I'm just going to post a few things I've observed on Facebook.

So, in all races: presidential, senate, and congressional - $6 billion was spent (http://edition.cnn.com/2012/11/07/politics/5-things-election-night/index.html).  As of November 5th, Obama's supporters had spent approximately $931 million and Romney's supporters had spent approximately $1 billion.  What did we get out of it?  We got an even more divided and hate-filled country that I'm not sure I want to return to.

This link will show you why:
http://jezebel.com/5958490/twitter-racists-react-to-that-nigger-getting-reelected

Barack Obama is our president once again, and people are going to have to live with that.  George W. Bush beat Al Gore by a narrow margin in 2000, and Democrats were told to suck it up and live with the result, because the people had spoken.  It's 2012, and the people have spoken.  What scares me almost as much as the blatant racism from teenagers witnessed above, is the way that some religious people have used the vail of being a Godly person to criticize others for their political views.  Voting for Obama was not voting for the devil, and voting for Romney was not voting for "God's candidate."  They were both men the last time I checked, and I don't think God was running for president of the United States this year.  If I'm wrong, please let me know.  For them, please read this article:

http://www.patheos.com/blogs/jesuscreed/2012/11/07/politics-and-our-eschatology/

If you are Christian, your political affiliation does not change your responsibilities to God or to each other.  Voting for Obama does NOT make you less Christian.  I am sorry, but the greatest responsibility you have as a Christian is to believe in Jesus Christ as your lord and savior.  So please, stop using religion to criticize those who don't have the same political ideas you do.  It just gives people even more of a reason to dislike organized religion.

No comments:

Post a Comment